TRACKS APART 3-DAY ADVANCED & DEFENSIVE DRIVING DEVELOPMENT COURSE
This course and service is also available on an exclusive one to one on single days
This 3-Day Advanced and Defensive Driving Development Course has been designed due to the demand from driving enthusiasts who wish to take their driving to the next level gaining a deeper understanding of car control and vehicle dynamics in preparation for an Advanced Driving test. It can be tailored to your objectives and through a coaching plan culminate in the RoSPA driving assessment. The course can be split into individual days to tailor your needs and can also be shared on a 2:1 ratio to reduce cost and include an exclusive session at the Millbrook Proving Ground. All training will be conducted in your own car to gain maximum benefit, however a car can be supplied on request and an additional charge.
By attending the 3-Day Advanced and Defensive Driving Development course you will:
- Gain the rewarding satisfaction in improving your overall driving skills and safety with maximum enjoyment.
- Through increased skills and awareness reduce the likelihood of being involved in an accident and reduced running costs.
- Gain an Advanced Driving qualification (which may bring your associated insurance costs down).
- Gain a deeper understanding of the system of car control and associated vehicle dynamics.
- Vehicle Checks
- Cockpit Drill
- Wheels & Tyres & Blowouts
- The System of Car Control – Roadcraft
- Mental skills for Better Driving – Attitude – Perception
- Hazard Identification, Interpretation and Planning
- Weather and Adverse Driving Conditions
- Effective Forward Observation and Scanning Skills
- Anticipation and Awareness
- SAFE Driving Techniques
- Driving Commentary – Theory and Practical
- Understanding Electronic vehicle safety systems such as ABS, Traction Control and vehicle stability control programmes and their application
- Vehicle and Drivers Equipment
- Fatigue, Alcohol, Medication and Drugs Awareness
- Steering Techniques
- Effective Use of Gears
- Acceleration Sense
- Cornering Techniques
- Limit Points
- Driving on Motorways and Multi lane carriageways
- Rural Driving
- Town Driving
- City Driving
- Certification – Successful applicants of the RoSPA test will be awarded on application a BTEC Level in Advanced Driving and certification from Tracks Apart.
- Location – Brecon, Mid Wales (can also be delivered at alternative venue prior to approval)
- Course Duration – 3-Days
- Course Fees – to include hand-outs and Advanced Driving test fee. (Millbrook Proving Ground session at an additional cost).
- Food and Accommodation – Not included
- Course Fee – POA
- Accommodation – See our Links Page
- Millbrook Driving Experience
- Contact for availability and to discuss your individual requirements.
Booking – Contact Page
Enquiries – If have any questions or enquiries regarding the course please feel free to contact us.
We look forward to working with you and assisting you in your continuous driving development and reaching your goals to attain and master Superior Car Control